New Appsee for Android Lets App Makers "See What Users See"
Eliminates Guesswork for App Optimization Appsee Further Boosts Capabilities by Integration with Adobe Marketing Cloud
Appsee, a leading mobile analytics solution that enables companies to measure, understand and optimize the app user experience (UX), today announced support for all major Android-supported platforms. Appsee for Android is the industry’s first user experience analytics solution for Android. It enables mobile product managers, app developers, UX/UI designers and marketers to understand exactly how users interact with their apps, as if they are seeing the app through users' eyes. Launched initially for the iOS app community, Appsee has more than 100 million installations of its Software Developers Kit (SDK) and tracks more than 50 billion data points per month.
The company also announced today that Appsee is now part of the Adobe Digital Marketing Cloud Partner Program, integrating Appsee's user experience analytics solution with adobe analytics. This will enable customers to easily leverage adobe's advanced segmenting and reports capabilities with Appsee's user recordings to help them gain a deeper understanding of users' behavior.
“Appsee gives us a whole different perspective about how people use our apps,” said Jimmy Winter, Mobile Product Manager at Hudl, which provides sports video software and apps for coaches, athletes and teams. “Appsee has already helped us dive deeper into user behavior and make adjustments to the navigation of our app, in order to provide a much smoother and better user experience.”
New: User Experience Analytics for Android
It can be extremely challenging to accurately determine how apps perform across the wide range of Android devices, OS versions and ROMs. Traditional Android analytics tools are limited to basic quantitative data such as number of users, geographic breakdown, and OS version. Appsee’s user experience analytics for Android provides visual insight into how users engage with apps and how the app appears in each variation of screen resolutions, OS, and ROMs. Using Appsee's solution, app developers can understand why users take certain actions and what issues arise.
To see an example of a session replay click here. Appsee automatically captures every screen, gesture (tap, swipe, pinch), popup and action. Developers use this information to identify and correct technical, usability and ux issues, and improve important processes, such as onboarding, in-app purchases, and sign-in.
Four Takeaways for App Developers and Designers
Based on the survey results, Appsee recommends the following best practices to optimize the registration process, and in turn, improve mobile UX.
1. Offer a hybrid approach that includes social login and registration with email.
2. Collect only essential data relevant to the app's function, so as not to overload the user with unnecessary text fields.
3. Keep the number of text fields for mobile app registration to four or fewer to create a simple, fast process, which can increase the registration rate. If the app requires more than four text fields, direct users to subsequent screens.
4. Perform thorough user experience analysis on the app to detect problems and remove all obstacles, including technical and usability issues, from the critical registration and onboarding process.
With today’s launch, Android app developers and publishers will have access to all of Appsee’s visual analytics features, including:
• User Recordings – Records real user sessions, which enables developers to understand how users experience the app and what problems they encounter.
• Touch Heatmaps – Tracks all touch gestures (taps, swipes and pinches) in each of the app’s screens and aggregates them into touch heatmaps to help developers determine which elements in the app's screen users focus on the most.
• Real-time In-App Analytics - Delivers insights into user behavior and allows for a deeper understanding of how the app's UI is performing.
• Crash Recordings – Automatically detects crashed sessions and provides video recording of the app crashes and symbolicated crash reports.
• Unified View – With support for both Android and iOS, Appsee offers the ability to determine how each platform performs across all operating systems or each OS individually.
“Appsee has the best product for crash reports,” said Winter. “With the ability to watch videos of crash sessions, we can quickly see and understand the sequence of actions that caused the crash, saving the R&D team time while helping to keep crash percentages as low as possible.”
Hudl also plans to use Appsee user recordings to help their customer support team quickly resolve support calls. For example, when a coach calls in with an issue, Hudl will be able to view the user recording of that individual’s app session and identify the issue. This will save costs for handling support calls and create a better customer experience.
“According to IDC, Android market share is more than 80% and climbing. By extending our capabilities to the massive swathe of Android devices and OS versions, we’re penetrating a huge new market that is primed to transform the mobile user experience,” said Zahi Boussiba, Co-Founder and CEO of Appsee. “Appsee eliminates the guesswork out of your app optimization. Especially in the complex Android market, that tangible insight is invaluable for creating apps with the best UX possible.”
Availability and Supported Devices Appsee for Android is available immediately. The Android SDK supports more than 30,000 device types and 120,000 ROMs running Android 2.0 and up. Appsee supports video recordings on the top Android brands running version 4.1 or above. For additional information, visit the Appsee Android Support Page.
Appsee allows app publishers and developers to deliver the best possible customer and user experience in their mobile apps by providing them with a complete understanding of user behavior. Thousands of companies across numerous industries rely on Appsee's SaaS-based mobile analytics platform to provide crucial real-time insights needed to maximize app optimization while increasing engagement, retention and in-app monetization opportunities.
View all press releases