Resources | Tutorials
Using Appsee Conversion Funnels
Appsee's conversion funnels help you measure and optimize the conversion rates of relevant processes within your app.
Investigating conversion funnels will help you reveal the reasoning for the success or failure of your specific in-app goal.
Follow these simple steps to get started with Appsee's conversion funnels:
1. Navigate to the 'Funnels' section in the Appsee dashboard and click 'Create Your First Funnel'.
2. Enter the name of the relevant process you'd like to measure.
For example: 'In-App Purchase', then select 'Device Type' (optional) and click 'Next'.
3. Select the steps to be included in the conversion funnel.
Each step can be either a 'Screen View', a 'Screen Action', a custom event, or a session start.
4. Add steps to your conversion funnel depending on the relevant process you'd like to measure.
How are funnels matched?
1. Funnel matching is based on unique users, and not on sessions. This means that steps can be matched between sessions, for example: a user may start the first step of a funnel in his first session, and continue the next step in another session. Users are counted only once (for a selected time range), and step completions are only counted once per user.
2. Users have up to 30 days to complete a funnel step. This means that a user can complete step #2 on January 1st, and step #3 on January 30th, and still be counted – but not later than that.
3. Funnels steps are loosely matched. This means that users can perform other steps between the steps that define the funnel. For example - for the funnel A > B > C:
1. A > B > C will be matched.
2. A > B > D > C will also be matched (where D can be any user action).
3. A > B > E will not be matched, the user is considered to complete step B only.
4. When matching duplicate steps, we choose the first occurrence that progresses the funnel, and ignore duplicate occurrences. For example, for the funnel A > B > C, and a user that performed A > B > B > C – the second B is ignored.
5. When selecting a time range, we will show only users that completed the entire funnel within this time range. If a user started the first step before (or after) the selected time range, he will not be counted. Duplicate funnel entrances are respected. For example, for the funnel A > B > C and a user performing:
A (Sunday) > B (Monday) > A > (Tuesday) > B (Wednesday) > C (Thursday)
The user will be returned when selecting Sunday-Thursday, Monday-Thursday, Tuesday-Thursday – but not when selecting Wednesday-Thursday.
This is true both for playing individual sessions, and for the aggregated user count.
6. Playing sessions using the “play” button will show all sessions that progressed the funnel for the selected step (excluding “ignored” occurrences as explained in #4) – and therefore multiple sessions of a user may be shown.
7. When filtering by versions, we will show only the users that performed their first action in the selected version.
Optimizing your conversion rates
Once a funnel has been created, Appsee provides you with a detailed graphical report reviewing each of the steps.
Appsee provides both graphical reports representing the series of steps you've added, and video recordings of users that completed or didn't complete a certain step.
By watching the video recordings you'll understand why users drop from each step and how to increase your conversion rates and ROI.